- Women who, for a variety of reasons, are unable to conceive a child using their own eggs
- Women who are unable to produce their own eggs, which may be due to a number of medical conditions:
- Premature menopause
- Ovarian Aging
- Women who are carriers for a genetically transmitted disorder
- Previous Chemotherapy or ovarian surgery
- Women who produce eggs unlikely to result in a successful pregnancy
Fortunately, for women unable to conceive using their own eggs, donor egg offers the highest pregnancy and delivery rates of any fertility treatment and allows for a woman to carry a child. Donor eggs are eggs usually given anonymously, although we offer egg donation with both known donors and anonymous egg donors. If you choose an anonymous donor, you will be provided with a detailed medical history of both the donor and her family, along with a thorough description of her physical characteristics. Throughout the process, confidentiality and anonymity will be maintained—donors and recipients will not meet.
For more information about being an egg donor or a recipient of a donated egg, please contact our egg donor coordinator at 281.549.2798.